Monday, 29 October 2012

English Breakfast

I suddenly had the urge to do english breakfast nails so that's what I did. I wanted the food to stand out and not be too serious so I put them all on colourful backgrounds.


The base colours I used were Barry M Bright Red, American Apparel Neon Green, Barry M Cyan Blue, American Apparel Neon Yellow and Barry M Bright Purple. I put on white acrylic paint under all the food to make sure the colours stood out then I used Barry M Matt White and Yellow for the fried egg. I then mixed a bit of the Barry M Yellow and Collection 2000 Praline Whirl for the shadow on the yolk, I then used acrylic paint for the grey and white highlights and shadows. For the tomatoes I used Barry M Bright Red with Pink Flamingo in the middle, Barry M Yellow for the seeds and Retro 3 Red for the outlining. On the sausages I used a mixture of American Apparel Mousse and Barry M Gold, Collection 2000 Praline Whirl and white acrylic paint for the highlights and Barry M Mushroom for the shadows and grill marks. I used Barry M Block Orange for the baked beans sauce and orange and white acrylic paint for the beans themselves. Finally, I used Collection 2000 Praline Whirl and Barry M Pinky Caramel for the bacon with bits of American Apparel Mousse and Barry M Mushroom for the shadows and outlining. 

I'm extremely pleased with these and think the egg, beans and tomatoes are my favourites despite the tomatoes looking the worst until the very end when I outlined them. 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment